Jessica and Justin

My photo
Van, TX, United States
I am a farmer and a doula. My husband and I are recently planted into the soil of East Texas. Together we seek, we learn, we dance, we sing, and we grow vegetables, and I attend births. This blog is the ongoing story of our farming and birthing journey.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

our barn, our livestock

here's a few for ya!

this barn is so huge and beautiful.  You'd love to have your wedding in it. I promise.



the house
 100 cornish crosses- the classic fast growing, large breasted chicken

100 K-22's- a good pasturing breed that takes a little longer to finish
 200 K-22's nearly ready to go on pasture.  A car drove by and startled them right as i took the picture which is why they are all frozen in such a funny alert pose.

In the foreground is Clyde, the new male lamb, Bonnie is the black faced ewe lamb behind him (I named them!).   Smores is the brown and white goat on the right.  very cute. 
 This is drew, one of our newest roommates. he's very fun, I promise, he just looks so gloomy cause he was about to go clean the goo out of the bottom of our stinky trash can.

So there's the latest!  Soon we'll have a commercial kitchen completed for you to see, and several greenhouses up in the fields for fall and winter planting.  I'll get all of that up here for you to see.

1 comment:

  1. That barn looks ridiculous! Please tell me you swing off of a rope on to a huge pile of sweet hay every weekend!

    ReplyDelete