Jessica and Justin

My photo
Van, TX, United States
I am a farmer and a doula. My husband and I are recently planted into the soil of East Texas. Together we seek, we learn, we dance, we sing, and we grow vegetables, and I attend births. This blog is the ongoing story of our farming and birthing journey.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

the bathroom etc

Here's the last 3 weeks of effort, when it hasn't been raining 





 Now we have most of the walls and the roof, including the sky light!



Also a window, AND a little trap door for the composting toilet :)


Justin is putting on the siding over the next couple days.  A neighbor is dismantling part of his old barn and so Justin went and helped him remove a ton of wood, piece by piece, including the exterior wood slats used for siding.  The wood has a lot of character. I think it's gonna look great!


here's a few of our pretty bedrooms.  4 of the 7. SEVEN bedrooms in this house. crazy huh?




I think this one's my favorite. this is the only room with old painted furniture like this. I love it. It's up on the 3rd floor so it has a peaked roof right over the 2 beds.



and, of course:




No comments:

Post a Comment