Jessica and Justin

My photo
Van, TX, United States
I am a farmer and a doula. My husband and I are recently planted into the soil of East Texas. Together we seek, we learn, we dance, we sing, and we grow vegetables, and I attend births. This blog is the ongoing story of our farming and birthing journey.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

beginning of winter?

It's october 29th so it's still technically fall.


Right?



Here it is beginning to fall two days ago. just a light dusting.



then this is the build up from 12 to 4 today!


She loves it. she could totally be curled up in her chair on the porch but she prefers to be out in it!

I harvested dandelion roots while justin and I dug potatoes out of the ground. The v-plow we were using to dig up the potatoes also dug up dozens and dozens of huge dandelions!  I just stuffed my pockets as we went along.  I cleaned, chopped, dehydrated and roasted them last night. Now I have a little bit stored up for winter, since it looks like it has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment