Jessica and Justin

My photo
Van, TX, United States
I am a farmer and a doula. My husband and I are recently planted into the soil of East Texas. Together we seek, we learn, we dance, we sing, and we grow vegetables, and I attend births. This blog is the ongoing story of our farming and birthing journey.

Monday, August 18, 2008

waiting patiently

did you know that the first day of school can suck for teachers just as bad as it does for students? well the students aren't here yet.



Today I stood in a line. it was awesome.

this line was 200 teachers in front of me, and 200 teachers in back of me. and it moved veeeeerrrryy slooowwllyyy.

I put up with hours, and i mean HOURS (4.5) of complaining pissy , middle aged, veteran teachers griping about the disorganization, lack of staffing, "i can't believe it's worse than 2 yrs ago", line. At the very end of this line was the hope that one might register for a few teacher training seminars. More than a hope, really, because there was no reason to believe that one might not register once reaching the end of this 200 person, 4.5 hour long line. everyone else succeeded. why would i expect otherwise?






unfortunately,

out of over 600 successful registering teachers, I was one who's name had not yet been entered into the system and, therefore, because of some divine reason unbeknownst to me, i was S.O.L. i waited in line for nearly 5 hours. No registrado para mi. *$&#^!

i nearly became one of the griping middle aged women.

instead i came home and sipped some whiskey and water.


all in all, a good day.


shalom

2 comments:

  1. whiskey has an incredible capacity for tipping the scales, indeed.

    ReplyDelete